What is the Planetary Health Education Framework?
The Planetary Health Education Framework
aims to guide the education of global citizens, practitioners, and professionals able and willing to address the complex planetary health challenges of our world today. The Framework can be understood as a common foundational language that serves as the cornerstone for diverse education strategies.
The Planetary Health Education Framework considers five foundational domains that we as a community believe comprise the essence of planetary health knowledge, values, and practice:
(1) interconnection within Nature;
(2) the Anthropocene and health;
(3) equity and social justice;
(4) movement building and systems change;
(5) systems thinking and complexity.