Upcoming EventsAugust 2022 Clinicians Community Call"The Depth and Breadth of our Clinician Community: The Importance of Working Together for Planetary Health"
We will be meeting again as a community Monday, August 29th
at 9am PT - 12pm ET (UTC - 04:00)
- 14:00 BRT (Brasil)
5pm BST/WAT - 18:00 CET. This will be a gathering to meet each other and hear about updates from all around the world before our annual meeting in November. Our topic for discussion will be highlighting the roles of Indigenous and other traditional healers
For more information, open this link
. Sign up here
!Who we are:
- Clinicians are people providing healthcare for individuals and communities. This includes physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, midwives, dietitians, traditional healers, community health workers, and others.
- Over 1,000 clinicians from around the world have formally signed on to the Clinicians for Planetary Health initiative, expressing their commitment to addressing global environmental change and its health impacts. A subset of these individuals are involved in the Clinicians for Planetary Health working group
- Over 30 partner organizations
co-signed the global call-to-action released in The Lancet on Earth Day 2019, which called on health communities around the world to take action on planetary health.Our approach
- Developing outreach materials for healthcare settings that encourage individual- and community-level planetary health action, with an emphasis on health and environmental co-benefits
- Convening periodic calls to brainstorm, network, and exchange resources to build commitment to planetary health across the healthcare sector
- Sharing resources and stories of success through a newsletter, blog series, and podcast
More ways to join us!
PHA is thrilled to announce our new online platform for networking and sharing ideas: Hylo!
Sign up with this link
and be sure to join the C4PH group (it's separate from PHA main).Our "Seedbox" of Open-Access Resources!
We’re pleased to present the “Seedbox”: an open-access repository of tools that you can use to bring planetary health into any clinical or health-related setting. This Google Drive folder
(view-only) has some basic tools to help you start integrating planetary health into patient care. We also have submissions from our greater C4PH community; please see this link
for all of the latest submissions. If you’d like to submit a resource yourself to the Seedbox, please do so using this form
. Any questions? Please email email@example.com
with the term “C4PH Seedbox” in the subject line.